Things that make me laugh

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thanks but no thanks on that Teen Burger

Yesterday Bossman says "I'm buying you all lunch tomorrow!" Well. Whatta treat.

Good thing I brought my trusty chicken breast today, because Bossman shows up at 12:30 with a bag of luke warm Teen Burgers from A&W. Yummmmm. I promptly (and privately... don't want to hurt Bossman's feelings) gave mine away. I then snuck into the boardroom to chow down on my delicious lunch from home. He used to buy us lunch on a semi-regular basis. It consisted of him at least throwing a $50 and some $20s at K or me and saying "I'm buying - take orders and can you pick it up?" At least we would get what we want (example - K hates tomatoes) and it would be from somewhere halfway decent like Tim Hortons or the Cafe down the road. But A&W?? Where did that come from?

Wow I'm being kind of a bag about this. I guess I should just say "Thank you Bossman" and discreetly pass off the offending "burger" to someone else in the office and then rant about it on my blog. Wait. That's what happened. I guess I'm not a total bag.

Quick quotes - have lots of work to do.

[during a "Diversity Day" exercise]
Dwight Schrute: Shalom, I'd like to apply for a loan.
Pam Beesley: That's nice, Dwight.
Dwight Schrute: OK, do me. Something stereotypical so I can get it really quick.
Pam Beesley: OK, I like your food.
Dwight Schrute: Uh, Outback Steakhouse, I'm Australian, mate!
Michael Scott: Pam, come on, "I like your food" no come on, stir the pot. Stir the melting pot, Bam! Let's do it, let's get ugly, let's get real.
Pam Beesley: OK, if I have to do this, based on stereotypes that are totally untrue, that i do not agree with, you would maybe not be a very good driver.
Dwight Schrute: [shocked] Aw man, am I a woman?

Michael Scott: No, I'm not going to tell them about the downsizing. If a patient has cancer, you don't tell them.

Dwight Schrute: I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

Okay I have to work now. Still smellin' that Teen Burger lingering in the office. When Bossman goes outside to smoke, I'm going to put his trashcan out the back door so we don't have to smell the fast food smell anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home