Things that make me laugh

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mmm... Cucumber Melon

Got some new Avon junk from the lady at work. I love this anti-bacterial stuff that washes your hands with no water. Now my hands smell like cucumber - yum.

Sales John brought me my coffee this morning - I wonder what he needs?? That was nice of him though - saves me a trip down the road to Tim Hortons to redeem one of my Win A Coffees.

Watched Idol last night - not impressed. I think the thing that really ruined it for me was that it was country night and we had just watched Nashville Star. On Nashville Star, the contestants are all very good professionals that are pretty much established (some already tour, have busses). They actually know what they are doing and know what works for them. Plus there is a way better band, the contestants play their own instruments and the judges are way better than freaking Randy, Paula and Simon (so sick of all of them... I don't even want to see their comments anymore). I'll take Wynonna as a host over Ryan Seacrest any day... Plus the American Idol cast seems to think that their lives are going to be over after the show. Ryan is always saying how this is so darn important and it is the biggest thing that has ever happened to these kids (gag gag). That drives me nuts!! On Nashstar last week, this was a funny exchange that would NEVER happen on idol:

Host : Well, you're leaving us tonight. Do you have anything to say to the people who did vote for you?
Eliminated Contestant : Yeah! What they hell?? Why didn't y'all call more??! (laughs)

See - that would never fly on Idol. Plus one of the Nashville hopefuls is 34 - I think that is awesome!!

Anyways, enough about these competition shows. I wonder what the next one is going to be. Each single network has some sort of competition show to find the BEST of something. Singers, dancers, skaters, chefs, handymen/woman, models, interior designers, clothes designers, stand-up comics, VJs, girlfriends/boyfriends (too many dating competition shows to name), employees... where does it end??!! I'm guessing in the next few years we will see shows pitting everyone from tattoo artists to dog groomers to radio personalities to cartoonists against each other for some sort of contract.

So The Office is rerun this week, but I haven't seen it. I'm going to post all the quotes from The Dundies from www.theofficequotes.com now. (sadly, this site has been shut down - that sucks!!)

Michael Scott: A lot of the people here don't get trophies very often, like Meridith or Kevin. I mean who's gonna give Kevin an award? Dunkin' Donuts?

Pam Beesley: You know what they say about a car wreck, where it's so awful you can't look away? The Dundees are like a car wreck that you want to look away from but you have to stare at it because your boss is making you.

Michael Scott: TMI? Too Much Information. It’s just easier to say "TMI". I used to say "don't go there", but that's lame.

Michael Scott: And here we have Stanley the Manley. Now Stanley is a dundee all-star, aren't you Stan. Why don't you show them some of your bling?
Stanley: I don't know where they are I think I threw them out.
Michael Scott: Oh no you didn't.
Stanley: I think I did.
Michael Scott: Mm.. why di--
Stanley: Say, we need to order more appetizers, we ran out last year.

Jan Levinson-Gould: You already had a party on May fifth for no reason--
Michael Scott: No reason? It was the 05/05/05 party, it happens once every billion years.
Jan Levinson-Gould: --and a tsunami relief fundraiser which somehow lost a lot of money.
Michael Scott: No that was a fun raiser, I think I made that very clear in the flyers.

Michael Scott: An employee will go home and he'll tell his neighbor, 'Hey, did you get an award?' And the neighbor will say, 'No man, I mean I slave all day and nobody notices me.' Next thing you know, Employee smells something terrible coming from the neighbor’s house. Neighbor’s hanged himself... due to lack of recognition.

Chili's Manager: We have a strict policy here not to over-serve. Apparently this young woman was sneaking drinks off other people's tables. I xeroxed her driver's license and she is not welcome at this restaurant chain, ever again.

Michael Scott: The Busiest Beaver Award goes to Phyllis Lappen! Yeah! Way to go, Phyllis! Nice work! Her usual!
Phyllis: It says 'Bushiest Beaver'.
Michael Scott: I told them busiest... idiots!

Michael Scott: Come on Jan, you're dropping an A-bomb on me.
Jan Levinson-Gould: Really. I'm dropping an atomic bomb on you?
Michael Scott: Well yeah.

Oscar: The dundies are kinda like a kid's birthday party, and you go, and there's really nothing for you to do there, but the kid's having a really good time so you're kinda there. That's kinda what it's like.

Michael Scott: I was out on a very, very hot date last night with a girl from H.R., Dwight!Dwight Shrute: Really? We don't have any girls from H.R.
Michael Scott: No, that... for the sake of the story. And things were getting hot and heavy, and I was about to take her bra off, when she hand me fill out six hours of paper work.
Dwight Shrute:Like an AIDS test?
Michael Scott: No. God.

Michael Scott: [singing to the tune of 'Tiny Dancer'] You have won a tiny Dundie.
Patron: Sing it Elton!

Pam Beesley: Yay, Kevin! Woohoo for Kevin, for stinking up the bathroom.

Dwight Schrute: Having a bathroom is a privilege. It is called a 'ladies room' for a reason. And if you can not behave like ladies, well then you are not going to have a bathroom.

Michael Scott: What are we going to play for the ladies, hit it Dwight!
[Dwight starts playing recorder to Mambo #5]
Michael Scott: A little bit of Pam all night long, a little bit of Angela on the thing, a little bit of Phyllis everywhere, a little bit of Roy eating chicken-crispers, a little bit of Jim with some ribs...


Okay so I feel like I have already seen this one...

I'll watch it on Thursday and then I can read this post the next day and laugh. Someday this blog will contain whole episodes of shows... just wait. (man I need a life)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home