Things that make me laugh

Monday, April 17, 2006

3 day weekend was enough for me - felt like a week

Back to work today. No traffic at all this morning because tons of people took off Easter Monday (including brother Dave... why does he get a 4 day long weekend?? Lucky bum). Had a very relaxing weekend. On Friday I did literally nothing. I was going to watch the Passion, but I couldn't find it (??) at my mom and dad's place. Then my parents were looking for it and got all pissed off when they couldn't watch it. They ended up watching Forrest Gump instead. Yeah. Gump. Definately a Good Friday movie if there ever was one.... I ended up playing The Adventures of Link for awhile. Took the dog for a walk. Went to 8PM church service @ Chandos Pattison - it was good.

Saturday I slept in and did my cleaning and watched good old Boy Meets World. We finished the day off with an old-fashioned Mario Party 7. (sigh... I literally did nothing this weekend and it was wonderbar).

Yesterday the boys and Kylie came over for Easter dinner and mom made a delicious ham and yummy mashed potatoes and some baked beans (she was proud of these, bragging that she was broadening our horizons. I declined to try them). I also made Easter cookies and decorated them with icing and stuff. J laughed and laughed at me, joking that the kids would love the cookies. I said they were adult cookies. I told everyone that the bunny shaped cookies were actually double guitars. Yum on that.

Dave brought his Guitar Hero game again and we all played. Mom actually got the hang of it and was rocking out to the Eagles and the Ramones by evenings end. Pretty fun.

Okay let's get some quotes going before Bossman returns from his cigarette fix:

Jerry: Hey ya know what I read the most unbelievable thing about Tolstoy the
other day, did you know the original title for "War and Peace" was
"War--What Is It Good For?"!
Elaine: Ha ha.
Jerry: No, no.. I'm not kidding Elaine it's true, his mistress didn't like
the title and insisted him change it to "War and Peace"!
Elaine: But it's a line from that song!
Jerry: That's were they got it from!
Elaine: Really?
Jerry: I'm not joking!

George: Diane DeConn? You saw Diane DeConn!
Jerry: Something huh?
George: Yeah! How'd she look.
Jerry: She looked great. She asked about you.
George: She did! What did she say?
Jerry: "How's George?"
George: George! She said George? She remembered my name. Diane DeConn
remembered my name. She was the "it" girl!
Jerry: Yeah she asked for your number, I think she's gonna get in touch with
you.
George: OK, I'm tellin' you right now if your kiddin' around I'm not gonna
be able to be friends with you anymore. I'm serious about that. You
got that.
Jerry: I got no problem with that.
George: Good. Cause if this is a lie, if this is a joke, if this is your
idea of some cute little game...we're finished!
Jerry: Expect a call.
George: Oh my god he's not kidding.
Jerry: Now I should tell you at this point she's under the impression the
you are a.....
George: A what?
Jerry: A marine biologist.

Diane: What's going on over here?
Woman at beach: There is a beached whale, she's dying.
Voice: Is anyone here a marine biologist?

George: So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys, I
was terrified! But I pressed on and as I made my way passed the
breakers a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine
intervention or the kinship of all living things but I tell you Jerry
at that moment I was a marine biologist!

George: The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to
return soup at a deli!

George: I got about fifty-feet out and then suddenly the great beast
appeared before me. I tell ya he was ten stories high if he was a
foot. As if sensing my presence he gave out a big bellow. I said,
"Easy big fella!" And then as I watched him struggling I realized
something was obstructing his breathing. From where I was standing
I could see directly into the eye of the great fish!
Jerry: Mammal.
George: Whatever.
Kramer: Well, what did you do next?
George: Then from out of nowhere a huge title wave lifted, tossed like a
cork and I found myself on top of him face to face with the
blow-hole. I could barely see from all of the waves crashing down on
top of me but I knew something was there so I reached my hand and
pulled out the obstruction!
(George pulls out of the inside pocket a golf ball)
(Jerry and George just stare at Kramer)
Kramer: What is that a Titleist? A hole in one eh.

Hee hee!!

Okay so Roll Up the Rim is over now. Guess I have to quit coffee now. That was the plan and then they brought on the contest. This'll be hard, but I have to do it. All that sugar and cream is not very good for my diet ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Abby Mommy said…

    ah....yea sorry about that. teehee....I have the passion. So dont think it is lost, we will watch it when I get home :) Its good by the way, I watched in couple weeks ago... sorry again.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    I don't care, but mom and dad are thisclose to flipping out on Rob B - they think he 'borrowed' it!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home