Things that make me laugh

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day is for teenagers - NOT GROWNUPS

(sigh) It is so nice a quiet here in the office this morning! On my way here this morning, I heard on the radio that some friends of ours from church will be on the radio this morning from 8-9 to talk about marriage and stuff (for Valentine's Day I guess?). That is cool, but it means that I had to fiddle with this old alarm clock/radio here at work to find the station and it is still pretty buzzy :(

Okay well since J and I don't really celebrate 'Valentine's Day', he went out and got me a card and a gift last night and specifically gave it to me on NON-Feb 14. I got a Hot Tea maker and a card from Moose & J. I totally broke my kettle last friday... scared the crap out of me actually - I plugged it in and pushed the button and then sparks flew out of the wall and there was a bad stinky smoke smell for like 20 minutes. The outlet still works, but it is all black - yuck. The cord was pretty wrecked so of course I sat the whole thing on the counter for the last few days planning to buy a new plug-in for it. BUT, I only paid about $10 for it about 5 years ago, so I think I got my use out of it (using it about 3-4 times a day for 5 years - suckers). Okay so J bought me this Hot Tea maker which is just like a coffee maker but for tea (duh) and I like it alot. Plus it is much cleaner than that smelly old kettle.

Okay I have to get to work and then sit by the buzzy radio for awhile, but first, some Office Valentine's Day quotes from last year :

Roy: Hey, babe. You uh...almost ready to go?
Pam: I guess.
Roy: What's wrong?
Pam: Nothing. It's just, I had to sit here all day while Phyllis had, like, an entire garden delivered to her.
Roy: What, you're mad at me?
Pam: I mean, I know we said, "no big gifts," but I was kind of hoping you'd get me something for Valentine's Day.
Roy: Well, Valentine's Day isn't over. Let's get you home, and you are going to get the best sex of your life.

Pam: You know, sometimes the gift is more about the gesture. Like, what it means, not what it is.
Dwight: Like a ham?
Pam: No...not like a ham.

Dwight: Question, will you be seeing Jan while you are in New York?
Michael: I probably will, why do you ask?
Dwight: Well, it’s Valentines Day and you guys, you know…
Michael: …you know…
Dwight: Screwed.
Michael: What is your problem!

Okay so now I want to watch this one tonight. It is wednesday which means Photo Safari, but maybe J will go for a little Office :)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Abby Mommy said…

    I want to come for dinner!!! Lets plan for a day Josh will be home at night. Just let me know what days those are. I am free everynight next week except saturday! Woo hoo leaving soon!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home