Things that make me laugh

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Frasier-intensive post

Nice quiet morning here at the office.... I love Wednesday mornings because it is mid-week and there is no one here but me until 8:30.

Nothing much going on for me right now - I had Bible Study last night and it was nice. There was a new lady that has a son that is friends with J. She just moved from Red Deer and seems pretty cool.

I think I'm going to invite brother Dave over for dinner tonight - he plays so much freaking World of Warcraft... he needs to get out of the house sometimes and talk to actual people (besides the people he works with of course... he's not a total recluse). He said he would come over for dinner if I harassed him enough. So, I'm going to commence with the harrassment. Sucker.

Not much else to say. Here are some Frasier quotes :


Frasier: Hello, Ethan. I'm listening.
Ethan: Hi, Dr. Crane.
Frasier: How old are you?
Ethan: I'm thirteen.
Frasier: Well, what can I do for you?
Ethan: Well, I'm having a lot of problems with the other kids at school. They're always beating me up.
Frasier: Why do you think that's so?
Ethan: Probably because I'm smart. I have a 160 IQ. I'm in the astronomy club and I hate sports.
Frasier: Well, you know, Ethan, the other children are just acting out of jealousy and immaturity, and I know it doesn't help much right now, but the day will come in the next few years when you will have the last laugh.
Ethan: ...That's it?
Frasier: [surprised] Yes.
Ethan: Frankly, Dr. Crane, I find that advice patronizing, simplistic and, in all candor, uninspired. The real surprise here is that they pay you to dole out this balloon juice.
Frasier: Ethan, where are you calling from?
Ethan: Home.
Frasier: Well, if any of Ethan's classmates are listening, you know where he is, and he can't stay in there forever. Thank you for your call.


Frasier: Hello, Rachel. I'm listening.
Rachel: Oh, thanks for taking my call, Dr. Crane. Um, I'm involved in sort of a strange love triangle.
Frasier: Oh goody, this is sweeps week!


Frasier: Niles, is there a light bulb over my head?
Niles: You have an idea?
Frasier: No, I'm asking if there's actually a light bulb over my head.


Bulldog: Where's my pen? [Slapping down angrily on the table]
Bulldog: THIS STINKS! THIS IS TOTAL BS! THIS IS... Oh, here it is.


[Buldog is doing his radio show]
Bulldog: [to a caller] Well Chuck, I'm really sorry I offended you. Now why don't you put your skirt back on and do some dishes?


Martin: [recording his memoirs into a camcorder held by Niles] My name's Martin Crane. When I made this tape, I was sixty-four years old. But now... I'm *dead*! Trapped in a box, underground... Pretty scary, huh? [throws his head back and laughs evilly]
Niles: [lowering camcorder] Dad, surely you must have some message you want to leave for the Cranes of the twenty-first century?
Martin: All right, all right, I do. [Niles resumes filming]
Martin: Remember to always work hard, and that family comes first. And... I have a million bucks in unmarked bills that I took off a drug dealer that I have stashed in my old army foot locker. The combination is left fifteen, right thirty-two, le-le... [pretends to choke and die]
Niles: [wearily turns camcorder round to film himself] Future generations, see what I had to put up with?


[correcting a continuity error from Cheers]
Martin: [about Frasier] Hey, Sam, what'd he tell you about me, the father, the old cop?
Sam Malone: Well, uh, he told me you were dead.
Martin: [surprised] Dead?
Frasier: Well, we had an argument one day. He called me a stuffed shirt and hung up on me. I was mad.
Sam Malone: [to Martin] You were a cop? [to Frasier]
Sam Malone: You told me he was a research scientist. [Martin reacts]
Frasier: [to Martin] You were dead! What did it matter?

Hee hee. Okay now I should do some work :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home