Things that make me laugh

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

30 Degrees today. I hate this so much!!!

So there was no post yesterday because I was super busy. I am getting a new desk/workstation/whatever built today so I have to pack up all my stuff and prepare to move. I have my coffee here this morning and I'm ready to post it up, but I see over 30 emails that need immediate attention :(

Better quote it up and get to work. More tomorrow. Let's go with Tommy Boy. No matter how stupid that movie was, it has some very laughable moments.

PS - Prison Break broke my brain last night. So many delightful twists and turns! I don't know how I'll hold out all summer. Just another thing I despise about summer - the TV!!

Gas Station Employee: I'm picking up your sarcasm.
Richard Hayden: Well, I should hope so, because I'm laying it on pretty thick.


Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's... What?


Tommy: I l-left a message.
Richard Hayden: A message? What number did you call?
Tommy: Two, four, niner, five, six, seven...
Richard Hayden: I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?
Tommy: No, it was cordless.
Richard Hayden: You know what? Don't. Not here, not now.


[Moments earlier they hit a deer, it's now riding in the back seat of Richard's car]
Tommy: Where are we gonna take the deer?
Richard Hayden: I dunno, the vet?
ommy: You take dead animals to the vet?
Richard Hayden: Why not? I'd take you to the vet.
Tommy: Yeah I'll take you to the... Um...
Richard Hayden: Got that?
Tommy: Shut up.

[Richard's car is destroyed by a deer]
Richard Hayden: No way that just happened. My car is completely destroyed.
Tommy: I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but that... was... *awesome*. [bursts out laughing]
Tommy: ... but, sorry about your car, man. That... That sucks.

[Tommy carelessly set an open bag of M&M's on the dashboard and they immediately poor into an open slot]
Richard Hayden: Oh that sounds good: melted chocolate inside the dash, that really ups the resale value.
Tommy: I think you'll be okay here, they have a thin candy shell. 'Surprised you didn't know that.
Richard Hayden: I think your brain has a thick candy shell.
Tommy: Your... Your brain has the shell on it.
Richard Hayden: Are you talking?
Tommy: Shut up, Richard.

Okay it's 7:00... I've got work to do. It is 30 degrees today and I hate it. Head Office emailed the dress code around again yesterday as a reminder to ditch the spagetti straps, bare feet and mini skirts. I feel like I'm back in Grade 8 with the principle checking on the fingertip rule. This is an office - let's grow up!! We are not here to meet boys and have dances!

Okay I've really gotta go or I'll be late for the pep rally...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home