Things that make me laugh

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

In SuperMan Early

So I came in at 6 this morning because J had a job downtown for 7. I hate coming in early and having the sun already up - I don't feel like I'm in early at all. I want it to be dark out with no traffic and the night animals still running around. Then I feel like I'm really "up early." Just another thing I can't stand about summer... the long days. Blech.

Anyways, not much to report on the Moose front. He has to be on antibiotics for another 2 weeks and then another blood test. I have a slight feeling that this vet is just jerking us around.... he keeps saying that he can't fully rule out cancer, even though he has no evidence of it. Huh.

I am encouraged in our search for a place to live though. The last 2 places I called (Burnaby and Coquitlam) said that they would take an 80 lb dog!! That rocks :) We'll just keep praying for the perfect place and I know God will put us there and give us the means to do it. He always always takes care of us, no matter how much we screw up!

Okay even though it is super early, I have lots of work to do and a long meeting at 8. I'd better quickquote so I can get to work. I saw this Seinfeld last night and it always makes me laugh out loud (also - I can see that Julia L-D is totally pregnant when they filmed this episode).

ELAINE: Oh! These designs look great! Peggy, you really saved me.
PEGGY : Oh, it was no problem.
ELAINE [leaving with the drawings] Mr. Peterman is gonna love 'em.
PEGGY [focusing on her work] Thanks, Susie.

ELAINE: You won't believe this but, as I'm leaving, she calls me "Susie."
JERRY: I don't see you as a Susie. Sharon maybe.
ELAINE: What am I, a--a bulimic, chain-smoking, stenographer from Staten Island?
JERRY: Who are you describing?
ELAINE: Someone I know.
JERRY: Named Sharon?
ELAINE: I'd rather not say.

ELAINE: Can you believe this woman?
JERRY [ironic outrage] The nerve. Talkin' about ya behind your back--and right to your face!
ELAINE: No. "Suze!" I mean, "Suzie!" "Suzanne!" "Suzanna." Fine! But there is no, way, I'm gonna be a Suze.
JERRY: No. No Suze.
ELAINE: I mean--what am I--some pom-pom-wavin' Backseat Bimbo?!
JERRY: Who are you describin'?
ELAINE: Someone I know!
JERRY :Named Suze?
ELAINE: No, still Sharon!

PEGGY: I thought I was part of this problem.
ELAINE: [smiling, convincing] You're a huge part of the problem! But, I think that at it's core, this is a Susie-and-Elaine problem that requires a Susie-and-Elaine solution! And, who better to do that than.. Elaine and Susie! Susie and Elaine!

ELAINE: Jerry, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. They're starting to give Susie assignments now!
JERRY: Well, there's only one thing to do. Eliminate her.
ELAINE: What?
JERRY: [firmly matter-of-fact] Get Rid of Susie. Make her disappear.
ELAINE: I kinda like her.
JERRY: She's gone.
ELAINE: Jerry--
JERRY: [impatient] Gone! [starts maniacally laughing]
[briefly stops to point and explain] That bumper sticker.
[They both scream, laughing]
MIKE: [locked in the trunk] Oh God, I'm in trouble.

PEGGY: Susie?
ELAINE : Oh, oh--no--I'm not Susie. I'm Elaine.
PEGGY: But I've been calling you Susie.
ELAINE: Oh! I hadn't noticed!

KRAMER [at the Yankees Ball] : How d'ya like the tuxedo? It's a rental but I've had it for fifteen years.

Hee hee!! Now here's a quick one from The O.C just for my sister Kim :

Seth : (sliding across the hood of the car, drunk, whispering loudly) Shh!! We're being stealth!!

Okay tons of work to do and coffee to drink...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home