Things that make me laugh

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Chris Daughtry?? America says a collective "HUH?"

So I was in at 6 again this morning, but I've got my coffee and already done about 2 hours worth of work in the past hour (I love working undisturbed!!).

Okay so what happened on AI last night? When Seacrest told Chris that he was going home, I think that everyone thought he was kidding. I think he is the real deal (winning American Idol may have ruined him though... kind of a Bo Bice thing - best that he didn't go all the way). I think Elliot & Taylor will be final two. They both freaking rock. Best vocal though is Elliot hands down. I'm kind of sick of Katharine - I don't know why. I guess I shouldn't say that because I think she would be a cool person to be friends with.

The Amazing Race was sweet last night. All the shows I watch are down to the final 4 or 3!! What a week of TV I have ahead of me. Here are my predictions for the wins... we'll see how wrong I am next week.

The Apprentice : Final 2 will be Sean and Lee. Sean will win.
Survivor : Final 2 will be Terry and Danielle. Terry will win.
American Idol : Final 2 will be Taylor and Elliot. Taylor will win.
Amazing Race : Final 3 are Frats, Hippies and YoRay. YoRay will win.
Top Model : Final 2 will be Jade and Joanie. Jade will win.

I don't agree with most of the results on my took-me-2-minutes list, but I think that is how it will play out. Okay so I have work to do.

Nothing new on the Moose front by the way - his infection has cleared up because of the antibiotics. Just 2 more weeks of those and then another blood test. Keep praying for him! He is so special :)

Quotes! Here are some quotes from (what I think) one of the funniest, cheesiest movies ever : Blast From The Past starring Brenden Fraser, Alicia Silverstone, Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek and hilarious gay best friend Troy, played by Dave Foley. Hee hee :)

Adam: Oh my lucky stars! A Negro!
African American Mail Lady : Say what??

Troy: He said, good manners are just a way of showing other people we have respect for them. See, I didn't know that, I thought it was just a way of acting all superior. Oh and you know what else he told me?
Eve: What?
Troy: He thinks I'm a gentleman and you're a lady.
Eve: [disgusted] Well, consider the source! I don't even know what a lady is.
Troy: I know, I mean I thought a "gentleman" was somebody that owned horses. But it turns out, his short and simple definition of a lady or a gentleman is, someone who always tries to make sure the people around him or her are as comfortable as possible.
Eve: Where do you think he got all that information?
Troy: From the oddest place - his parents. I mean, I don't think I got that memo from mom.


Calvin: Son. Adam.
Adam: Yes, Father?
Calvin: Don't forget: stay out of the adult bookstore.
Adam: Adult bookstore. Why?
Calvin: Poison gas. Invisible.

[Calvin is reassuring his wife on their son's first night away from home]
Calvin: I just want to say, I think he's going to be fine.
Helen: Thank you, Calvin, thank you very much.
Calvin: He's smart!
Helen: Yes, dear, I know, but he's still such a baby.
Calvin: He's a man.
Helen: He's a baby man.

Eve: So for four thousand dollars, all I have to do is drive you to your hotel?
Adam: Uh-huh!
Eve: That's it?
Adam: Yes.
Eve: And I don't have to get physical in your spaceship?

Eve: Adam, Troy is gay.
Adam: Well good for you!

Eve: What have you been doing?
Adam: Watching television... in color!

Okay I'm going to watch it this weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home