Things that make me laugh

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"Ouch - my back"

Okay J decided he wanted a ceiling fan in the new house because we were just baking all day in that living room. Went to The Depot and picked out a sweet fancy one and thus began the nightmare that is 'installing a ceiling fan.'

I stood on J's toolbox, on a chair in the living room holding the 30 lb thing over my head as J tried to find the right screws and make it straight and etc etc etc - I'm still holding it!! It was literally the worst pain ever. I should have never stopped working out my arms. Anyways, the whole process took like 4 hours (no joke), but now we have a wicked sweet ceiling fan in the living room. And I have wicked sucky pain in my back. I'm sitting here at my desk all day talking on the phone and typing and sometime this morning my back just seized up in pain. It just has to be from that darn fan. Grr!! Maybe I can claim workers comp and then sit at home and get paid and bask in the breeze from above.

Maybe I'll just suck it up and do my job.

(depends on how I feel tomorrow) :)

Went to little brother M's place for dinner on Sunday with the dog and J. Yummy steak and even yummier garlic bread and wine. Forced to listen to the Rolling Stones the whole time, but it was nice to see the family. Although little brother D failed to appear? He is such a rarity at those things anyways. Sure is nice when we are all there.

Hoping to have everyone together for my birthday at the end of this month. Man I'm going to be old. Still no babies. (wipes away a tear)


Well, Bossman is gone to a meeing and L went somewhere (lunch?). Now is the time for me to head over to www.sbtb.blogspot.com and laugh until I don't notice the back pain.

Seriously - ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home