Things that make me laugh

Friday, June 23, 2006

No more sleeps!







My sister comes home from Guatemala tonight!! I haven't seen her since the very beginning of January! I am pretty excited. I'm also excited that both of my brothers are coming to the airport with the family to welcome her home. We are not much of a "family" family, but I guess we are when it comes to this. (I remember getting off the plane coming home from college for Christmas... I saw both my brothers waiting for me there at Seattle airport and it was like, "Hey guys - what are you doing here?"). Sometimes I forget that they really do care about Kim and I :)

Quick pics of more non-people stuff from the wedding. If you are wondering what that vase of sand is... they mixed two jars of different colored sand (hers was brown, his was white) in a larger vase instead of doing a unity candle. That was kind of neat.

Okay awkward : the cleaning crew was in the office this morning when I showed up. Yikes. I'm trying to check my email and this Vietnamese man is telling me to lift my legs so he can vaccuum. Hee hee.

Okay I saw Office Olympics last night. Awesome. Here are the quotes:

Dwight Schrute: I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

Michael Scott: Nobody likes beets, Dwight. You should grow something everybody does like. You should grow candy.

Dwight Shrute: [putting on sunglasses] Look... Terminator.
Michael Scott: I do not understand what you spend your money on.

Kevin: Sometimes we play 'who can put the most M&Ms in their mouth'.
Angela: You play that.

Ryan: Breakfast. I got you a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit.
Michael Scott: Oh yummy yummy. Thank you Ryan.
Ryan: What was the thing you needed me to come in early for?
Michael Scott: Uh... the sausage, egg and cheese biscuit.

Michael Scott: Where are all the hot people? I was told that there would be all these attractive singles.
Realtor: Who told you that?
Michael Scott: As far as I can tell, I'm the best looking person here. [later] There's a basic principle in real estate that you should never be the best-looking person in the development. It's just historic common sense because if you are, then you have no place to go but to go down.

Jim Halpert: This scented candle...andle...andle, that I found in the men's bathroom...room...room, represents the eternal burning of competition... or something.
Kevin: It smells like cookies.
Jim Halpert: Yes it does. Yes it does my friend.

Dwight Shrute: Hey look cool, carpenter ants!

Dwight Shrute: [on renting Michael's spare bedroom] Question. My grandparents left me a large number of armoires.

Pam Beesley: C'mon Angela don't you have a game?
Angela: I have one, yes.
Pam Beesley: Well let's play. What is it?
Angela: I call it 'Pam Pong'. I count how many times Jim gets up from his desk and goes to reception to talk to you.
Pam Beesley: We're friends.
Angela: Apparently.

Dwight Shrute: Actually, I do own property. My grandfather left me a sixty-acre working beet farm. I run it with my cousin, Mose. We sell beets to locals stores and restaurants... it's a pretty nice little farm. [pause] Sometimes teenagers use it for sex.

Dwight Shrute: A thirty year mortgage at Michael's age essentially means that he's buying a coffin. If I were buying my coffin, I would get one with thicker walls... so you couldn't hear the other dead people.

Michael Scott: I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl, so I'm wise and have worms.

Dwight Schrute: Hey I have an idea. You know that extra bedroom? If the whole girlfriend thing never happens, that's where the nurse could live.

Pam Beesley: Every so often, Jim dies of boredom. I think today it was the expense reports that did him in. And, uh, our deal is it's up to me to revive him.

Pam Beesley: You see Dwight's coffee mug?
Jim Halpert: Uh-huh.
Pam Beesley: Sometimes when he's not here, I try to throw stuff in it.

Dwight Schrute: Please? I'm always the guy you rely on at work.
Michael Scott: Well this isn't about work. This is closing on a condo. It's completely personal.
Dwight Schrute: So you're taking a personal day?
Michael Scott: Ahem-- Except that. It's about my living arrangement, and as boss, I need to have a living arrangement in order to do work.

Jim Halpert : What about you Stanley? Do you have any games?
Stanley : Yeah I got a game. It's called work hard and do my job so my kids can go to college.

Michael Scott: Oh, most honorable Pamera! ...Not offensive because that's the way they talk in movies.

Oscar: Kevin and I play this paper football game when Michael's out.
Kevin: Or when we're bored.
Jim Halpert: [uncovers the score-keeping sheet] Oh my God! Wait, this goes back two years.
Kevin: We're bored a lot.

Oscar : You should get Toby to teach you Dunder-ball.

Jim : (playing Dunder Ball with Toby... throwing ball against wall over panel) :So this is that noise that I hear all day?!

Jim Halpert: I really like the paper-triangle-flicking-and-hitting-things game.
Kevin: We call it Hateball.
Jim Halpert: Why?
Kevin: Because of how much Angela hates it.

Realtor: Are we ready to sign some papers?
Dwight Schrute: Actually, no. We have a couple of questions, uh, about the neighborhood?
Bill: It's, it's very safe, it's very clean. Also, it's very accepting of all lifestyles.
Realtor: It's a very gay friendly neighborhood.
Michael Scott: Oh. Good. That's good. It's good to be accommodating of... that.
Dwight Schrute: [to Michael] Let's go check out the master bedroom.

Pam Beesley: The thing about Jim is... when he's excited about something- like the Office Olympics- he gets really into it and he does a really great job. But the problem with Jim is that he works here so... that hardly ever happens.

Dwight Schrute: Thank God. It was nice of him to offer, but I live in a nine bedroom farmhouse. I have my own crossbow range. It's the perfect situation for me. Although two bathrooms would have been nice. We just have the one... and it's under the porch.

Michael Scott: Why are you playing the national anthem?
Jim Halpert: Um, 'cause your condo is in America.
Michael Scott: Oh.[origami cranes move on a line behind them]
Michael Scott: What the hell is that?
Jim Halpert: Those are the doves.

Okay so message to Kim if she reads this - safe flight! We're praying for your safe travel :) See you tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home