Things that make me laugh

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Anything else....?

So today is my birthday! Late 20's here I am :(

I had the most wonderful breakfast ever! J woke up early and made me blueberry waffles, bacon and eggs and coffee!! Mmmm it was so good. He rocks at cooking. I'm excited because he has Saturday and Sunday off this weekend and that is ridiculous (especially the last weekend of a summer month). Anyways - I'm excited to spend the weekend with the J.

So we are doing the birthday dinner thing at my parents tonight and cutting out Kelly O Bryans because it sucked so much last time we went. Here is a transcript of a phone call I had with my sister K 10 minutes ago:

K - Hi! What time is the BBQ tonight?
Me - I don't know - 6 or 6:30.
K - Cool. I was trying to get a hold of mom & dad, but they aren't answering the phone!
Me - Are they home? See if the car is in the driveway.
K - No - the car is gone. And I tried Dad's cellphone! I have no idea where they are!
Me - Calm down they probably went for breakfast or something.
K - Okay see you tonight.
Me - Anything else?
K - No (sounding unsure)
Me - Are you sure?
K - (rude... wanting to hang up) Yeah .... Bye (hangs up)

So K. If you are reading this - thanks for the birthday greetings! It really made me feel special!
(I am laughing as I write this and praying that you are not taking this seriously - my feelings are not hurt... i just think it's funny).

Two seconds later, mom phones with an exhuberant "Happy Birthday!!" That made up for it :)

Anyways, I have coffee to drink and an Office webisode to download.

But - one more missed birthday story from this week... I get a text message from my brother Mark on the 24th saying "Happy Birthday! Sorry for the late delay, I'm a retard. I work sat. during the day. I'll call you later. Cya! :-D"

???

Then he calls last night with a "Happy Belated Birthday!"

Okay family - you need to get it together!!! :)

Just kidding - excited about dinner tonight!! I have had 2 SWEET birthday meals so far. My awesome breakfast this morning and the most delicious lunch yesterday. Bossman took me to Sammy J's and I had this skillet full of steak and prawns and scallops and shrimp. I am drooling now just remembering it.

I love food.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sara, don't you think it's time to put a new write up on your blog?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home